Safety tips for prevention of fire in your home
- Install smoke detectors on every floor of your home. Test it before you go on holiday and replace the batteries twice a year.
- Check your adaptors and extension cords not to exceed the recommended wattage
- Be sure to kill burning coals on the braai when the meat is cooked.
- Keep heaters at least a meter from beds, curtains or anything flammables.
- Place fire extinguishers in key areas of the home. Check expiry dates and know how to use it.
- Keep emergency numbers close to the phone.
- Unplug appliances and electronics and keep it stored when not in use.
- Repair damaged electrical cords immediately.