Listen to Your Heart
The Roxette song Listen to Your Heart, instinctively find it’s way to your head here and we might even start singing it to ourselves over and over in our minds. What better reminder can we get? Psychologists and scientists evenly agree that our heart energy exceeds that of our brain by far and that our EQ (emotional quotient) is even more important than our IQ (intelligence quotient). Feelings carry a very strong message. We could also call it “Intuition” or “Sixth Sense”. Well, name it as you wish; this great truth is well worth pondering. These so called “sirens” or “red lights” are there to keep us from harm’s way. Many hardships could have been prevented if we just listened and followed the nagging little “voice” in our ear. If only we would pay attention to that funny “gut feeling”, right?
Speaking of gut feeling; did you know that scientists and medical doctors found a separate set of nervous tissue in the human intestines, able to exist independently? Our bodies are really quite clever. It’s prime concern is to keep us healthy and out of trouble and is hard-wired for survival. It will always give us some kind of message when something is out of balance, even if it is just a subtle inkling. We shouldn’t blindly believe a doctor and accept the presented favorable (but sometimes false) diagnoses, against our intuition. Rather get a second opinion if you weren’t initially happy and as convinced by the diagnosis. In retrospect, most people instinctively know when something seems “off”. Sadly, there is no-one as deaf as those who don’t want to hear.
What if we really start listening to our heart and body, would we be able to translate that subtle language and make sense of it? Couldn’t it be a recipe for hypochondria or paranoia then? Although our modern lifestyle numb most of our senses to a significant extend, we can learn to redevelop them. If we know our bodies and often make time to just be still and listen, we will understand with no necessity for panic.
Well, let’s see how some of the messages might present themselves?
– Chronic Headaches and Migraines might not be a brain tumor though, but simply diet related, stress related, sleep deprivation or even dehydration. These in combination will surely guarantee a full blown migraine.
– Muscle spasms and tension might warn you about your bad posture, but if you are stressed and tired too, take that message to heart.
– When a lady suffers from menopausal Hot Flashes, especially certain times more than others, it might be due to excessive intake of caffeine and sugar or she might unknowingly be upset about something, making her “hot under the collar”.
– Chronic fatigue might also be diet and stresses related, but never just blow it off to this.
– Constant sore muscles in someone who is fit and used to exercise, could indicate too little protein intake. Those poor “starving” muscles are being overworked at the same time. No wonder they can never really heal properly.
– Strangely enough, our bodies crave the very food not agreeing too well with us. Cravings can of course be for love, attention or acceptations, disguised as a food craving.
– When we are angry or irritated with someone, is it that person’s fault or did it originate from somewhere else? The same goes for so called “vibes” we receive from someone else. Maybe we should clear our own vibes first and see what happens.
– We all have wandered around in the shop for no apparent reason, after we got what we needed, just to catch a glimpse of something you forgot. Or we felt the urge to do something (really important) out of the ordinary and without realising. Well, I’m sure you get the picture!
No inkling, symptom or message should ever be ignored. Most of our body’s messages will have an easy solution, but symptoms persisting after the necessary lifestyle, diet and nutritional changes should always be further investigated. Anything found soon enough always has a more favorable outcome.
This article originally posted on http://www.car-insurance-south-africa.co.za/ and re-posted here with permission.